Good communication is at the heart of every successful hotel. Mitel customers
enjoy ﬂexible, scalable, secure communications, optimised to meet the needs
of the hospitality industry, from small economy hotels through to some of the
worlds most famous luxury hotels.
Hotels are under pressure to improve customerloyalty and increase revenue per available room.
When dealing with guests, the little things do matter, likegreeting guests by name, managing privacy and ensuring
guest services are delivered in a timely manner. Hotels can beneﬁt from many embedded hospitality features
developed in line with industry requirements to ensureguests enjoy the best possible service.
Front office staff ﬁnd it difficult to greet guests,answer telephone calls and dedicate time to more
complex issues during busy periods.
The Mitel Cordless Front Desk allows staff to move between tasks more effciently using cordless handsets
or headsets. These devices also help you to make a good impression by eliminating unsightly cabling.
Hotels ﬁnd it diffcult to establish and retain knowledgeable staff to manage and use
Mitel’s hospitality solution simpliﬁes and reduces training requirements within a busy hotel environment. New staff
become effective and are able to focus on guest service.
Inconsistent levels of service lead to guest dissatisﬁcation and frustrated staff.
By equipping staff with wireless phones and deploying a ticketing system, common tasks can be allocated and
tracked to conclusion. Where agreed service levels are in danger of being missed, the task can be escalated to
a team leader. Location tracking further enhances hotel operations by reducing staff footfall. Historical reporting
can enable management to analyse workload, optimise staffing levels and ensure service levels are never missed.
A simple call centre no longer meets the needs of today’s tech savvy customer. They are ‘ always
connected’ by voice, email, instant messaging and social media. A bad experience can be shared with
friends and colleagues within seconds. Without a timely response, negative comments can go viral and
Multimedia contact centres enable your customers to communicate in a media of their choice. All media types
are managed and reported to ensure consistently high levels of service. Feedback on social media, both good and
bad, is automatically highlighted to agents for an ‘in the moment’ response. A negative comment can be converted
into a positive experience by demonstrating you are a smart and caring organisation.
When implementing new solutions, hotels need to beneﬁt from new technology and protect investment
in traditional technology.
Mitel’s open approach enables hotels to beneﬁt from the latest technology and protect investment in traditional
telephony wherever it makes sense. Mitel’s architecture allows hoteliers freedom to move between proprietary
hardware, industry standard servers, private and public cloud deployments.
Many hoteliers have diffculty conﬁguring conference facilities to meet the needs of increasingly
Mitel’s conferencing solution frees organisers from inﬂexible systems. Conference communications can be
set-up quickly and easily wherever required. Add intuituve video and desktop sharing to enable remote participants to
work together as though they were in the same room.
Mitel’s unique architecture enables support of traditional and IP communications, ﬁxed and wireless.
Hoteliers can protect their investment by combining existing traditional telephony with the latest IP telephones,
smartphones and tablets. The Mitel Hospitality Applications Suite offers a range of capabilities focused on staff
efficiency and guest service.
Mitel’s architecture allows hoteliers freedom to move between proprietary hardware, industry standard servers,
private and public cloud deployments.
We maintain relationships with many other hospitality technology partners to ensure your chosen hospitaliy
systems are compatible.
Mitel Hospitality Applications Suite
• PMS connection mediation
• Guest services billing
• High Speed Internet Access management
• Guest BYOD
• Mobile guest loyalty applications
• Guest and staff voice messaging
• Guest ticketing and management
• Hotel analytics
Providing tangible business beneﬁts
Mitel’s hospitality capabilities have been continuously developed in line with industry requirements to ensure
guests have a pleasant, hassle free stay. When managingthe guest experience the little things do matter:
• Greeting guests by name.
• Identifying special guests before answering a call.
• Ensuring failed wake up calls are escalated.
• Managing guest privacy
Leverage the guests own mobile device to simplify communications:
• Integrate smartphones and tablets with the hotel telephone system
• Provide ‘in the moment information about guest services and local attractions
• One touch dialing to inquire and book services
• Use high resolution hotel logos and images to build brand loyalty
Managing face to face guest interaction, hotel operations and telephone calls is challenging within a busy hotel
environment. Mitel provides a number of solutions to enable staff to work effectively at any location:
• The Mitel Cordless Front Desk allows staff to move between tasks more effciently using cordless handsets
or headsets. These devices also help to make a good impression by eliminating unsightly cabling
• Staff can remain in touch throughout the hotel by using wireless telephones. Text messaging can be
used to manage alerts including pre ﬁre alarms, door alarms and VIP arrival
• Staff can be contacted on a single number regardless of location or device. This capability
is ideal for proprietors, general managers, area managers and offsite event and sales staff
• By equipping individuals with wireless phones and deploying a ticketing system, guest and facilities
requests can be allocated to an appropriate staff member and tracked to conclusion
A few simple changes can make all the difference:
• Mitel can help to ensure you never miss a call using auto attendant. Automatic call distribution
can be used to direct callers to a member of staff, voicemail or a recorded announcement.
In addition, hotel groups can beneﬁt by centralising reservations
• Multimedia contact centres enable your customers to communicate in a media of their choice. All
media types are managed and reported to ensure consistently high levels of service. Feedback on
social media, both good and bad, is automatically highlighted to agents for an ‘in the moment’
response. A negative comment can be converted into a positive experience by demonstrating you
are a smart and caring organization
• Hotels can attract proﬁtable meeting and conference business by offering ﬂexible, advanced
• Value add hotel services can be promoted on IP display telephones. Changes to hotel service information and
promotions can be made centrally. Guests can book hotel services at the touch of a button
• Conﬁguration changes can be made quickly and easily using simple form based data entry through a
web portal from ‘anywhere’
• By investing in IP communications, hotels can connect to next generation networks. A single IP
network connection can be used for voice, internet and video communications
• Mitel telephones comply with the latest recycling directives and are up to 70 percent more power
efficient compared with similar solutions from other vendors
• Reduce complexity, simplify support and save energy by deploying a private (virtualised) or public